Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Frugal Week

Hello to all my readers from the Frugal Workshop.

Broken Dryer



From my side of the street, dryers are definitely part of the planned obsolescence, which irritates me a great deal.  Manufacturers purposefully create products that do not last very long so they can make more money when you have to buy a replacement. This dryer, which replaced one that was two years old, was only three years old. 

The dryer stopped working last Saturday night, so we had laundry hanging in various places around the house to dry. While it is definitely not the worst thing that could happen, hanging laundry to dry is not as quick as using the dryer. But on a positive note, we will be saving money on the electric bill, which is always a plus in my book. 

September Ebay Sales


Image Credit
I sold a total of seven items on Ebay this month and after shipping and fees to both Ebay and Paypal, I netted a profit of $124.08, which helped to boost my income this month. Not to bad for my first month of selling. I probably won't sell that much in October because I don't have that many things to sell, but I am hopeful. 

Auto Repair

I received a call to work on Wednesday, but I already had an appointment to get my car checked out. I suspected it was leaking transmission fluid because of the sound it was making. I asked the serviceman who changed my oil last weekend to check, but he said it had to be checked underneath and I needed to take it to the dealership. 

Never buy a car that does not allow you to check the transmission fluid easily from the top of the motor. I just knew this was going to cost me over $100. 

Turns out there was a small leak in one of the lines and the fluid was five quarts low! The serviceman fixed it for me, filled it up and only charged me $50. He told me to keep an eye on it though because he only repaired the line and did not replace it, so I will have to keep a check on it from time to time.  

Work Week

Other than Wednesday, I worked every day this week and brought a packed lunch from home, so no money spent there. We have one more week and then students are off school for one week for Fall Break. For me, that means five less days I could have on my paycheck. 

Meat Markdown

On Wednesday, I found one pound packages of Italian pork meatballs with yellow stickers marked down to $2.58, so I bought two packages. I would have bought more, but I wasn't sure we would like them. Turns out they were good, so if I see them again, I'll definitely buy more than two. 

While perusing the sale ads and shopping lately, I have noticed that ground chicken and ground pork have been cheaper than ground beef. I've always thought of ground pork as a breakfast item, but with the rising cost of beef and liking these pork meatballs, I will definitely be looking at ground pork in the future to include in our dinner menus.

WFD ~ Dinners this Week




Monday: "Salisbury Steak", Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
Tuesday: Baked Potatoes, Broccoli
Wednesday: Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Peas
Thursday: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Garlic Bread
Friday: Nachos
Saturday: Deep Dish Pizza Pie



Free Entertainment

We went swimming on Friday night, and afterwards I made an easy dinner of Nachos and brownies for dessert. Free entertainment, which cost nothing. 


That is our week in a nutshell, how was your week?

Belinda
CFO ~ Chief Frugal Officer
© Belinda & Frugal Workshop, 2011-2014.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”
"Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle ~ It will help you save money"

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar