Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

May sock - mind the gap



 
 
 
 
  

For my May socks, I have been inspired by Kristie's sock shown here. She knitted a pair of socks using a yarn by Trailing Clouds, which prompted me to browse guiltily with great enjoyment for yarn. I chose a yarn called "Mind The Gap", which features the 12 colours of the London Tube map. I know I am trying to use up my granny's sock yarn but I wanted something a bit different for a change.
The yarn is very colourful and I didn't want to create a fussy pattern for this sock because it would simply disappear into the stripes. At the same time, I didn't want to make a plain sock because I have already done that this year. I chose to rib the sock from top to bottom to add a little interest to the knitting without distracting from the yarn.

What do you think? I am quite pleased with the socks and I have worn them several times already. It is still cool enough for woollen socks in Scotland!
As always, the pattern can be found on the sock pattern page. Also, I you want to find out why I am creating sock patterns you should read this post.

For June, I am working on a more elaborate pattern with another beautiful yarn I was given a while ago.

Have a lovely day. Cx

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar