Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Griffin and Sabine, Part II

The Gryphon, Alexandria, and The Morning Star, by Nick Bantock

A couple of weeks ago I re-read the Griffin and Sabine trilogy, and found out that there is a second trilogy that I had never known about.  I got them from the library and read them too; they are pretty strange.

The first trilogy left off in a mysterious, but satisfying way.  Now the story is reopened with Matthew and Isabella, a pair of separated lovers.  Griffin and Sabine write letters to both of them, but in Sabine's ink and handwriting.  The letters come from Paolo, a place not found on any map.  It all gets very mythological, with dark angels and symbolic visions and Egyptian artifacts.  Again we wonder if Sabine is a real person or...what, I don't even know.  Isabella and Matthew have to defeat the powers of darkness and it ends confusingly.

I have to say, although I enjoyed the artwork again, I'm sort of disappointed with the storyline and (sort of) resolution.  It's pretty weird, and I like weird, but I'm not satisfied with how it went.  I'm not sure it had a good reason to be so out there.  Meh.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar