Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The HeroQuest Hero Quest: The first Orc

Hi everyone! Suber here reporting for duty! I'm coming on board of this sweet, crazy HeroQuest Hero Quest project. So let me take my hat off to all of you and get down to work.

When I was approached for this, I thought 'fuck, I've already painted all my HeroQuest minis!'. No sweat. I'm ready to strip and repaint whatever you throw at my face. Ha!
Yes, I know. The most obvious answer would have been buying more stuff. Under general circumstances I would have done so. But I was so excited I couldn't wait!

I'm in charge of an Orc. The reliable backbone of any self respected Evil Army. The quintessence of dungeoneering. The... well, you get the idea. I chose this mini as starting point:

Huh? What's wrong with me?



After years of using different scales of pure green on Orcs, I've lately been switching my mind onto different, darker colours. That would be my focus here. Nothing too flamboyant, not a red Orc, but rather a greenish/brownish Orc. So, after stripping and adding a round base, I put my brushes to the endeavour, until I got this:

Not that I have changed that much
I put some more attention to the clothes and shoes. The checkered pattern was a must, of course, and I also put some more effort in the shades of black on the clothing itself. The tiny mushroom ornaments are just greenstuff. So it's all new but in an oldschool fashion!

[David Attenborough's documentary voice] Here you can see the Orc in its natural habitat. The dungeon.
He feels safe and confident, unaware of predatory adventurers
No much fuss about it. I kept it simple, as it is the very point of the challenge itself. On a retrospective, it just looks like I put an Instagram filter on the mini, but the old fashioned way. Oh, my, did I make a hipster Orc?

Hope you like it! The challenge goes on!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar